This article is for general configuration to be used for deployment of an OmniWAN OmniBridge-50 (5 port model).
If you have the OmniBridge-30 please see this article instead.
LAN1 = WAN1
LAN2 = WAN2 (Active only if subscription was ordered with 2nd WAN link)
LAN3 = WAN3(Active only if subscription was ordered with 3rd WAN link)
LAN4 = WAN4 (Active only if subscription was ordered with 4th WAN link)
LAN5 = LAN
Note: Future portal release will unlock the optional use of ports 3 and 4 as additional LAN ports
OmniBridge can function behind an existing router, however it is preferable to have your OmniBridge connected directly to the upstream ISP modem. Its important your OmniBridge has dedicated access to the upstream router to best perform its job at controlling bandwidth provided by the ISP*.
Before beginning, make sure to log into the www.mdsmanager.com account that was used to order the OmniBride your are setting up, locate your OmniBridge and leave this page open.
WARNING: Do not use ISP DNS servers for clients behind OmniWAN. ISPs usually block DNS traffic coming from a network outside their own. Once OmniWAN is deployed, your egress and ingress is at our DC, therefore it looks like the request is coming form a network outside their own
Initial OmniBridge Setup
1. Plug the OmniBridge LAN1 (WAN1) into an internet enabled upstream network running a DHCP server
- The OmniBridge should show online in your portal
2. Go back to your www.mdsmanager.com portal and run the setup wizard
- Make sure the LAN IP you configure DOES NOT match the IP for the upstream network's gateway (LAN Network IP must be unique from the upstream gateway's)
3. Plug a test client into PORT5/LAN5 (LAN Network)
- Verify your MDS protection by navigating to shieldtest.com and running a ShieldTest
4. Fill out the following section, copy it, and send email MDS support
B. WAN2 (If applicable)
c. 30 Minute window for MDS support to run Optimization on the OmniBridge
Date and Time:
(This is disruptive so please schedule this for after-hours if this is a production site)
WAN Static IP Configuration
***WARNING MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE CORRECT STATIC IP INFO FROM THE ISP TO AVOID ACCIDENTALLY ORPHANING THE OMNIBRIDGE WITH INCORRECT CONFIGURATION***
Note: If this OmniBridge was ordered with more than one WAN link, MDS recommends that you configure static links one at a time, leaving one in DHCP mode as a backup. Once the static IP is confirmed functional, you can then proceed configuring a second static IP on the other WAN link (if necessary).
To configure your OmniBridge for use on WAN connection with a static IP:
1. Connect your OmniBridge to an upstream network with a DHCP server running (as described above)
2. Once it is showing online, go to the OmniWAN tab on your subscription and click "EDIT" on the corresponding WAN port you want to configure to static IP
3. VERY CAREFULLY, enter the static IP information you confirmed with the ISP and hit save.
4. Connect the corresponding OmniBridge WAN port you configured to WAN port of the respective ISP
- Verify WAN link shows online on the portal
*Upstream bandwidth shared with other routers can impact the OmniBridge's ability to offer the best, if this configuration is required, consult with MDS Support regarding the topology as some additional review may be necessary.