IMPORTANT: THE FOLLOWING IS FOR OMNINET SUBSCRIPTIONS ONLY
Applies to: OmniBridge and an OmniNet based BYOG subscriptions
Click here for classic subscriptions article
Steps for setting up a Remote Access VPN:
**Please read the following article before proceeding:
The following is Type2 as described in the article above
1. Log in to your mdsmanager.com portal with your partner account
2. Select the Subscription/Cloud-link/OmniShield that you want to enable "Remote Access VPN" for.
3. Click on the "Remote Access" page, turn on the "SSL VPN Users" enter a username and password of your choosing (Multiple users can be created)
4. Enter the desired Username and Password, and save your changes
5. Take note of the Server/Remote Gateway and Port values for step 9
-Client Side configuration-
6. Download and install the appropriate FortiClient version from THIS LINK
7. Run the setup wizard to install the FortiClient in your machine (Note: only VPN components are needed)
8. Launch the FortiClient, select "Add a new connection"
9. Fill in:
- Connection Name: As desired
- Description: As desired
- Remote Gateway: Insert the FQDN of the mdsremote URL of the subscription you want to connect to **FROM STEP 5***
- Customize port: Check the box for Customize port, and set the port to "20443"
10. Apply the settings and then launch that connection. Log in using one of the username and password combinations from step 4
11. Connect and test
OmniNet support can help with either of the steps above if you have any trouble connecting. Feel free to let us know, and we'll be more than glad to assist.