IMPORTANT: THE FOLLOWING IS FOR OMNINET SUBSCRIPTIONS ONLY
Applies to: OmniBridge and an OmniNet based BYOG subscriptions
Click here for classic subscriptions article
Steps for setting up a Remote Access VPN:
**Please read the following article before proceeding:
The following is Type2 MethodB as described in the article above
1. Log in to your mdsmanager.com portal with your partner account
2. Select the Subscription/Cloud-link/OmniShield that you want to enable "Remote Access VPN" for.
3. Click on the "Remote Access" page, turn on the "SSL VPN Users" enter a username and password of your choosing (Multiple users can be created)
4. Enter the desired Username and Password, and a bookmark and save your changes
5. Contact OmniNet support and advise the subscription you need SSL-VPN enabled for. OmniNet support will confirm when the service has been enabled and will supply the proper details for the remote gateway.
-Client Side configuration-
5. If do not have the FortiClient already installed on the client machine, then download the FortiClient from "http://forticlient.com/"
6. Run the setup wizard to install the FortiClient in your machine (Note: only VPN components are needed)
7. Launch the FortiClient, select "Add a new connection"
8. Fill in:
- Connection Name: As desired
- Description: As desired
- Remote Gateway: Insert the FQDN of the mdsremote URL of the subscription you want to connect to ***GET THIS FROM SUPPORT AS PER STEP 5***
- Customize port: Check the box for Customize port, and set the port to "20443"
9. Apply the settings and then launch that connection. Log in using one of the username and password combinations from step 4
10. Connect and test
OmniNet support can help with either of the steps above if you have any trouble connecting. Feel free to let us know, and we'll be more than glad to assist.